After completing your application online, you will be e-mailed a check-list of items that are required to complete the admissions process. They include:
- Interview and Tour – We will schedule an interview and tour that takes approximately 90 minutes. The first 45 minutes consist of a school tour for the applicant and his/her family given by CGPS students who are part of our Blue Key Ambassador’s club. This gives you a chance to see our facilities first-hand and ask any questions that you may have of the students themselves. The last 45 minutes consist of an applicant interview with a member of our Admissions department. We then allow for the applicant’s parents to ask any further questions that they may have.
- Student Questionnaire – The applicant must submit a student questionnaire prior to his/her interview. This online form can be found on the check-list when you log on to your account.
- Testing – Our applicants take either the ISEE or SSAT and submit those test scores to the Admissions Office. For the ISEE test, your child’s testing is administered by the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) and should be arranged by contacting the ERB office at www.erblearn.org or at (800) 446-0320, listing our school as a recipient, our school code is 333570. For the SSAT test, your child’s testing is administered by the Secondary School Admissions Bureau (SSATB) and should be arranged by contacting the SSAT site at www.ssat.org or at (609) 683-5558, listing our school as a recipient, our school code is 2514.
- Recommendations – We require 3 separate recommendations: a Math, English, and Candidate Recommendation.
- Transcript – The applicant’s most recent transcripts must be submitted directly to the Admissions office.
- Photo – It is recommended that you upload a photo of the applicant to our online system, though not required.
Prep School Admissions: 212-749-6200, ext. 362