The first graders have been growing Romaine Lettuce! The students have been working as a community to water and care for their 'gardens.'
Prep School Receptionist
The Prep School receptionist handles the front desk duties and responsibilities including answering, screening and directing telephone calls, greeting visitors, sorting through mail etc. The uniqueness of the Prep School Receptionist is the importance of keeping track of 600 Prep School students while creating a sense of authority, trust and positive rapport with said students. The receptionist provides assistance to all students, parents, staff members and visitors by either referring or directing them to the appropriate person for assistance. Position performs various administrative and clerical tasks. The receptionist partners with security staff to carry out the post responsibilities that ensure a safe and healthy environment for students and their families, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Knowing the rules and special circumstances regarding students leaving the building and keeping track of student movements accordingly at all times
- Being a felt presence and authority figure at arrival and dismissal times while facilitating communication among teachers, staff, and families, and supervising student entrances and exits
- Greet and welcome visitors upon arrival
- Present a professional and helpful demeanor to reflect the tone of the school
- Protect and assist all persons on CGPS property
- Secures premises by monitoring surveillance equipment and access points
- Be knowledgeable regarding the procedures for patrolling property in the event that assistance is required
- Manage phones (answering calls, re-directing calls, taking messages)
- Ensuring all persons entering the building are either authorized with a school issued ID or provided with a temporary ID card
- Knowledge of how to use the Envoy ID system
- Maintains attendance records, tracks student tardiness, etc
- Be knowledgeable in emergency protocols (fire drills, lockdowns, etc)
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff during emergencies and perform the final sweep in buildings during fire drills
- Assist in the delivery and distribution of all mail/parcels that arrive at the school
- Assist in the setup and take down of assemblies and events on an as needed basis
- Pass information relative to post to relieving guard
- Keep Supervisor advised of changes and conditions at a post
- Obey all orders coming from the Supervisor and/or Director
- Meet with Prep School Director regularly to discuss pertinent issues
- Review new orders or assignments upon assuming a post
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Potential light lifting
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Deals with uncertainty
- Dependability, emotional control and good judgment
- Integrity & professionalism
- Safety management
- Reporting skills
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- All receptionists shall be trained in First Aid/CPR/AED at a minimum of every two years and a preference of every summer
- All receptionists are required to have a current New York State issued Security Guard License. It is mandatory to have this renewed every two years
WORK HOURS AND CLASS
- 45 hours a week (includes 5 hours of overtime)
- Shifts are generally 7am-4pm, schedule modifications may be made according to school needs.
- OT eligible, salaried non-exempt
We offer highly competitive salaries, exceptional vacation time and benefits, and a warm and supportive culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Prep School Receptionist” in the subject line.
Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, transferring and promotions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship, military status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.