Columbia Prep seeks a full-time certified, energetic, and knowledgeable Athletic Trainer to join our athletic department. As part of the team, the certified athletic trainer works under the direction of the athletic director and in cooperation with other health care professionals, athletic administrators, coaches, and parents. Responsibilities include the prevention, management, treatment, and rehabilitation of student athletic orthopedic injuries.
The School is committed to building and supporting a diverse community where all feel safe, seen, and supported. Successful candidates will bring their ability to contribute to a warm, inclusive, and exciting learning environment.
CGPS Mission Statement
CGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams and to improve the world.
Support the CGPS mission. Work collaboratively with the department to follow and design athletic curriculum. Be supportive of the CGPS equity, justice and inclusion initiatives.
- Provide skilled assessment of a variety of injuries.
- Provide treatment of injuries including taping, bracing, use of modalities, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Provide practice and game-day coverage (Monday-Friday, occasional weekends) including emergency response, injury evaluation, first aid, and referral to the health center as appropriate.
- Assist with the supervision and management of the daily operation of the athletic training room.
- Administer the ImPACT Test to incoming students.
- Record injuries.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. NATABOC certification. Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an athletic trainer in NY. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, medical professionals, and parents. Ability to work with a diverse population of high school-aged student- athletes. Previous experience working in a private school environment is preferred.
• Office environment.
• Outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, snow) during athletic games and practices.
• A significant amount of time standing and walking.
• Occasional bending, reaching, stooping.
• Repetitive motion (use of computer keyboard).
• Periodic need to lift up to 50 pounds
*Given the persistent risks of the spread of the Covid-19 virus -- risks that are heightened due to the emergence of more highly transmissible variants -- all employees of the School are required to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work as a condition of employment.*
We offer a warm and supportive culture, highly competitive salaries, and generous vacation time and benefits.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Please indicate “PS Leave Replacement Athletic Trainer” in the subject line.
Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, transferring and promotions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship, military status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.