A huge congratulations is in order for Prep School photography teacher Andrew Stole, who was nominated by his students for CENTER’s Callanan Excellence in Teaching Award.
CGPS Reopening Information
CGPS has developed a comprehensive plan that keeps our community’s health and safety as our first priority, as well as providing an academic plan that maintains the essence of a CGPS education: a student-centered learning experience that focuses on nurturing the interests and talents of all your children.
We know that, given the unique nature of this school year, our parents and students will have many questions. To help answer them, we have provided information by division and category on such wide-ranging topics as health and safety, academic excellence, social-emotional health, transportation and dining. We will continue to update the plan and this webpage, as needed.
CGPS is an extraordinary community and I am confident that, united together, we will navigate these extraordinary circumstances and that our students will have a successful and enriching year.
THE CGPS Health & Safety pledge
In our collective fight against COVID-19, we know that our individual actions have a direct impact on the health and safety of others around us. Every member of our community must take personal responsibility for their own health and that of others.
We ask that every member of our CGPS community pledge to:
- Adhere to the current New York State and City public health guidelines
- Abide by the specific health and safety instructions provided by the School, including but not limited to conscientiously completing the daily health screening before arriving to campus, taking COVID-19 tests when administered and staying home when feeling ill or having failed the daily screening
- Wear face coverings and maintain physical distance on and off campus
- Follow best practices regarding regular hand washing and sanitizing
- Observe capacity limits in educational and social settings both on and off campus as directed by the State, City and School
- Adapt to new protocols and procedures as they arise
- Be compassionate and helpful to everyone in our community who may be experiencing increased fear and anxiety due to these new protocols
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Health & Well-being: Safeguard the physical and mental health of students, faculty and staff through new safety protocols, technology tools, facility improvements and support mechanisms.
Teaching & Learning: Maintain the integrity and excellence of our academic program across multiple learning modalities.
Equity & Access: Address the needs of our community by meeting them where they are and ensuring a sense of wholeness and belonging.
Live our Values: Stay true to our core values of balance, integrity, curiosity, unity and excellence. Especially in these challenging times, create a space that is welcoming and safe for all community members.
Flexibility: Prepare for the uncertainty of the moment through nimble processes and protocols that are responsive to the broader environment.
- COVID Testing
- Daily COVID screen via RUVNA
- Travel-related quarantine
- physical distancing
- Face Coverings and Physical barriers
- Nurse's Office Protocols
- Contact tracing
- What if my child feels sick?
- What if my child needs to be picked up due to illness?
- What if my child tests positive for COVID-19?
- What if the school has a positive case?
- what if school has to close?
- Return to campus after closure
Please contact your Division Directors with any questions. Our families are an integral part of our success, and we rely on our partnership with you to make that success happen.