Going above and beyond this summer, three Prep School students won the prestigious New York State School Music Association’s (NYSSMA) 2021 Creator Competition in the songwriting category for composing original contemporary-style songs.
Welcome Back to Campus, CGPS!
- Vaccination: Vaccinations are required
- Surveillance testing: Constant testing is key
- Face coverings: Universal indoor masking
- Physical distancing: Maximizing distance keeps us together
- Daily symptom screening: Stay home when sick
- Containment: Isolate, quarantine and contact trace
- Cohorts: Cohorts return for Pre-K to Grade 5
- Ventilation, cleaning and disinfection: So fresh, so clean
- Hand washing and respiratory etiquette: Wash your hands and cover your cough
- Visitor policy: School is closed to visitors
- Off-campus responsibility: Our behavior off campus matters
- Monitoring community spread: Watch the trends
THE CGPS Health & Safety pledge
In our collective fight against COVID-19, we know that our individual actions have a direct impact on the health and safety of others around us. Every member of our community must take personal responsibility for their own health and that of others.
We ask that every member of our CGPS community pledge to:
- Adhere to the current New York State and City public health guidelines
- Abide by the specific health and safety instructions provided by the School, including but not limited to conscientiously completing the daily health screening before arriving to campus, taking COVID-19 tests when administered and staying home when feeling ill or having failed the daily screening
- Wear face coverings and maintain physical distance on and off campus
- Follow best practices regarding regular hand washing and sanitizing
- Observe capacity limits in educational and social settings both on and off campus as directed by the State, City and School
- Adapt to new protocols and procedures as they arise
- Be compassionate and helpful to everyone in our community who may be experiencing increased fear and anxiety due to these new protocols
Our goal is to provide our students, faculty and staff a safe, in-person educational experience that looks and feels as close to a traditional school year as possible, building on the success that CGPS achieved last year. To achieve this goal, we are taking our guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to implement a layered risk mitigation strategy that emphasizes 1) mandatory vaccines for all eligible community members; 2) continual use of face coverings; and 3) regular surveillance testing, as well as a number of other strategies, all of which are detailed below.
Please contact your Division Directors with any questions. Our families are an integral part of our success, and we rely on our partnership with you to make that success happen.